What is API?
API which stands for “Application programming interface” is a set of routines, protocols, and tools for building software applications.
ApiBlueprint - A powerful high-level API description language for web APIs.
Useful frameworks, libraries and reading material for building APIs.
- API Platform - API-first web framework on top of Symfony with JSON-LD, Schema.org and Hydra support.
- Apigility - An API builder built with Zend Framework 2.
- DC4D - Building APIs developers will love and use, free video tutorials about APIs. Registration required though.
- HAL - A Hypertext Application Language (HAL) builder library.
- Insomnia - Free REST API client.
- Negotiation - A content negotiation library.
- Undisturbed REST: A Guide to Designing the Perfect API
- Silex: A PHP micro-framework standing on the shoulder of giants
- Lumen: The stunningly fast micro-framework by Laravel.
- Slim: Slim is a PHP micro framework that helps you quickly write simple yet powerful web applications and APIs.
Content of this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license. Code snippets in examples are published under the CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0). Thanks to all the contributors.