What is REST?
REST stands for “Representational State Transfer.” It was claimed by Roy Fielding in his doctor dissertation in 2000.
What is the Difference Between REST and RESTful?
The term RESTful refers to web services implementing such a REST architecture.
PHP libraries and resources to checkout.
- Bullet PHP - A micro framework for building REST APIs.
- Hateoas - PHP library to support implementing representations for HATEOAS REST web services.
- RESTful APIs, the big lie - Technical critique which introduces some issues of REST and how JSON-Pure APIs could do better, with a follow up article.
- Restler - A lightweight framework to expose PHP methods as RESTful web API.
- Fusio - Fusio is an open source API management platform which helps to build and manage REST APIs.
- Slim - Slim is a PHP micro framework that helps you quickly write simple yet powerful web applications and APIs.
- Api Platform - The ultimate PHP framework to build modern web APIs.
Content of this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license. Code snippets in examples are published under the CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0). Thanks to all the contributors.