How to send SMS with PHP?
Sending SMS with web application can be useful for multiple purposes. For instance you can increase security with integrate multi-factor authentication system and increase security, retrieve forgotten passwords, send marketing messages, notify users about different events and similar.
Diagram below explains a simplified SMS sending flow where PHP application communicates with SMS gateway which converts and forward received data to SMS center (SMSC). SMSC routes data to mobile device (end user).
- gnokii - Allows you to communicate with the phone.
- Kannel - Open Source WAP and SMS gateway.
- Nexmo - API for sending text messages.
- PHP Classes - Several solutions to send SMS with PHP.
- SMS Gateway
- SMS Gateway Android - Turn your Android phone into a SMS Gateway.
- PlaySMS - Free and Open Source SMS Gateway written in PHP based on Gammu SMSD service.
- Twillio - API for sending text messages.
Content of this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license. Code snippets in examples are published under the CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0). Thanks to all the contributors.