Why Choosing PHP?
PHP Compared to Other Programming Languages
Completely normal question to ask yourself when starting a project is which technology to choose.
Some of the PHP strengths:
- Good speed and performance
- Simplicity and ability to develop complex applications
- Very vibrant, large and diverse community
- Active, updated and detailed manual
- Wide selection of out-of-the-box, popular and production ready open source solutions such as CMSes, E-commerce, CRMs and frameworks, components and libraries for building applications from scratch.
- PHP is used by 82.1% of all the websites whose server-side platform could be measured.
If you’re still not convinced just yet, please check also some other resources on this topic:
- Why Choose PHP Over alternatives - Why should a developer choose PHP for new projects, rather than an alternative language?
Content of this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license. Code snippets in examples are published under the CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0). Thanks to all the contributors.