Which Books are recommended for Learning PHP?
There are many books available for learning PHP. But lots of them can get quickly outdated. Here is a quick list of PHP books you should look into when learning PHP or extending your knowledge. Also keep in mind that writing a very good programming book can take several thousand hours so supporting their authors is nice way of saying thank you.
Free PHP Books
- Official PHP manual - Offical PHP manual is available also for offline usage.
- PHP: The Right Way - An easy-to-read, quick reference for PHP best practices, accepted coding standards, and links to authoritative PHP tutorials around the Web. PHP: The Right Way is also available as a PDF book.
- PHP 5 Power Programming
- PHP Best Practices - a short, practical guide for common and confusing PHP tasks.
- PHP Essentials
- PHP Internals Book
- PHP Pandas - Aims to teach everyone how to be a web developer.
- PHP Programming
- PHP Security Guide
- Practical PHP Programming
- Practical PHP Testing
- Survive The Deep End: PHP Security - PHP Security
- Wikibooks PHP Programming - PHP Programming book on Wikibooks.
- Using Libsodium in PHP Projects - A guide to using the libsodium PHP extension for modern, secure, and fast cryptography.
Paid PHP Books
- Build APIs You Won’t Hate
- Building Secure PHP Apps
- Iterating PHP Iterators
- Learnable: PHP Master: Write Cutting-edge Code
- Modern PHP: New Features and Good Practices
- Modernizing Legacy Applications In PHP
- PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice
- Practical Design Patterns
- Securing PHP: Core Concepts
- Securing PHP: Usual Suspects
- Scaling PHP
- Signaling PHP
- The Grumpy Programmer’s Guide To Building Testable PHP Applications
- Typed PHP
- O’Reilly: PHP Books
Content of this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license. Code snippets in examples are published under the CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0). Thanks to all the contributors.